Wednesday, April 5, 2017

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1829: Changes

It seems so long since I have posted, that I almost forgot how to do it. (Not really – but you get the point!)  



The past month or month and a half have really been quite a change for both myself and my business. It is a good thing, but something that takes a bit of time to adjust to, and I find that I am finally feeling that I a getting ‘caught up’ and doing that. It has been a busy and crazy time for me, though. 



Things really started to get busy when Lynne Andrews launched her “Inspirational Ark” series. 





I have been working with Lynne on this project for a little while now. Lynne is the fabulous designer and is offering the painting patterns for this series on her website (lynneandrews.com) and I am providing the wood pieces for the series on my own site (http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/painting-surfaces).  The response has been incredible.  I had fallen into a routine of two days of cutting and one day to box up and ship the orders for the past several weeks. Thank goodness Keith’s mom came to help me package and fill out forms for the orders. I couldn’t have kept up without her!



Consequently, there has not been a lot of interesting things to blog about. You would have seen a series of  photos like this:



… and this:





over and over again.  To me, that isn’t really 'blog-worthy’. 



But I am happy to say that I am “kind of” caught up with things. I still have orders, but it is at a more 'regular’ pace and much more manageable. One thing that I pretty much stuck to was to have a designated quitting time each night. Otherwise, I would have certainly became ill or gotten 'burned out’ from the constant flow of work. I knew if I didn’t protect myself, it wouldn’t be a great thing. 



Like many things, with a little adjustment, things are manageable. I am happy to say that we had our best month to date on our site and we are very happy that things are going so well. It just takes some time to get used to new routines. 



I think I am getting back on track, though. I can’t believe that we are already into the fourth month of the year already. Everything has been a blur… 



But all is well and I should hopefully have lots of 'blog-worthy’ things to write about in the near future. I am currently working on several projects and events with other designers, as well as working on some of my own designs. Every one of them is really cool (I think!) and I can’t wait to share everything with you all to keep you busy and creative. It is just a matter of time. 



Keith has been busy as well creating some new scroll saw patterns for our woodworking followers. He has three new patterns as follows … 





SLDK458 - 2nd Amendment Sectional Plaque




SLDK715 - Love one Another (John 13:34) plaque, 





and SLDK716 - You Can & You Will plaque pattern. 



There is certainly something on our site for just about any taste and preference. :) 



As for my 'down time’, I am busy finishing up my “12 Days” ornaments sets by Lynne Andrews. I finished up the Day 11 ornaments last night and only have one more day to do! (YAY!)




I can see the finish line in site! :D   



I will take better pictures of them for a future blog. I will also try to post a little more than I have been. It is funny how quickly you can get out of some habits. After so many years of blogging daily, it seems very odd not to do so. But the time needed to be spent filling orders for the time being. Hopefully, I will get back to it more often. I miss hearing from you all. 



Add to that, the past couple of days have been spent trying to get my Facebook notices to work. On Thursday, Facebook decided it wasn’t going to send me email notices on anything anymore. I spent the last several days trying everything to get it to work, but it is something that is apparently on their coding that got goofed up. I may never get notices again.  



This is a problem for me because it really cuts off my communication with my colleagues and friends there. I can’t answer questions or follow threads easily. I have over 1700 friends in my art world and business and it is nearly impossible for me to go through everything and search every day. I am very frustrated to say the least, but after wasting several days reinstalling, clearing cache and trying numerous things on my computer, I still am not notified.  I have to call it quits for the time being and just try to catch up when I can. I can’t afford to spend any more time searching for answers that aren’t there. I mention this so if you need me, please email me directly. I will be happy to help or answer. I just hope that people don’t think I am being rude. You can always comment here on the blog and I will be able to respond to you here. I would like you all to do that, as I miss talking to many of you. 



With that said, it is time for me to get to work. I have cutting to do today in my shop and then design work to do. It will be a good day. 



I wish you all a wonderful day ahead. Happy Wednesday to you all! 



via Tumblr https://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/159231824764

No comments:

Post a Comment