Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1824: More Great Adventures

As usual, it has been a wild and crazy week. Monday was spent finishing up sending out orders and (what else?) organizing some more! I suppose when I get on a roll, I really get into it. My office, as well as my shop, is so fine tuned right now it is amazing. I only have one more section to do that houses my needlework and embroidery supplies and I am totally good to go! That section isn’t too bad, though, and I think that will need to wait for another time. I have so much to do to move forward! I have so many exciting things that are coming up soon and I can’t wait to share them with you!  



I will begin by talking about a project that I am doing with Amy Joanne Mogish. (You can visit her website and see her wonderful work and read her blog at https://classicamyjoanne.com/ ) Amy and I have worked together on some other things where she provided beautiful designs and I cut her wood pieces for her. She is a very talented artist and has her own unique style that I absolutely love. When she asked me if I would like to work on another project with her, I was on board in a millisecond! I couldn’t wait to hear what she had in mind.



The project is what Amy calls her “Classic Halloween Ornie Club”.





How it works is that the members will be sent four mailings, to be sent out in June, July, August and September. Each mailing will consist of three patterns and three two-piece bevel-ornaments to paint. The members will also receive instructions to create the flag banner and ornament tree as well as a 20% coupon from Amy for a one time purchase of patterns, surfaces and books and other ‘treats’ as well. I am also offering a 20% off one-time use coupon for members only. You can read more about the club on Amy’s blog here: https://classicamyjoanne.com/2017/02/27/classic-halloween-ornie-club/#more-6265  



The 12 ornaments are absolutely adorable! 




I will be painting them as well! Each one is done on a chalky base but embellished with beautiful ground glass glitter! 





The painting is not difficult and at a level that even a beginner will have wonderful results! I am going to be painting a set myself and I will certainly share my progress with you all! I have some ideas about some things that I will be sharing, too, so hopefully, you will learn some new techniques that you will be able to apply to your other creative endeavors. 



Sign ups have started for the club already so that I am able to provide her with the wood pieces in a timely manner. She already has lots of members, and I expect the club will be wildly popular. I don’t believe there is a time limit to sign up, but by letting us know early, we can better prepare for getting you your patterns and ornaments with the first mailing. I hope you go check it out. :) 



I was going to tell you of some other adventures that I am working on, but I think I will save that for another day. I have a full day of cutting orders again and want to head up to the shop as soon as I can. Hopefully, I will post more often and keep my posts shorter so you can read them quickly. 



I absolutely LOVE working with other designers on these projects. While I have MANY new ideas of my own, I love the thrill of working with some of the ladies that I have admired and respected. I think it is a win/win/win for ALL of us – designers and those who create our projects. It is both fun and exciting and helps us all expand our thinking and skills! The old saying “two heads are better than one” really does apply here. I hope you all agree. 



I wish you all a lovely day today! I hope you enjoy your day and do something that makes your heart sing!  Happy Thursday to you all! 



via Tumblr https://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/157903320604

No comments:

Post a Comment