Saturday, March 18, 2017

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1825: Just "Wow"!

I am very pleased with the way things are going these days. It seems that many of the things that I have been planning over the past several months are all coming into reality, and so far the result has been more than I could have ever asked for. 



I love working with other designers. (Are you seeing a theme here?) Having a “partner in crime” that you admire and trust really does make a difference. Not only are you motivated to do your absolute best, but you also learn a great deal from a fellow artist. This knowledge and experience is something that is difficult to measure. 



Yesterday, I spoke of my project that I have been working on with Amy Mogish of Classic Amy Joanne. While the launching of that project is still several weeks away, the response was really great and I am sure that it will be a smashing hit!  I can’t wait to paint the ornaments myself. It will be fun and I will also learn from Amy’s techniques, which are new to me. 



The other ‘big project’ that I have been working on is with one of my favorite designers ever – Lynne Andrews. Many of you who read know that Lynne is the wonderful designer who created the “12 Days” series that I am working on. (I am on Day 11 – times SIX sets!  Almost done!)  Last year I began a Facebook Support Group Page and we had, and are still having, a wonderful time painting, learning and making lasting friendships. I think that by the looks of it, this group will be doing the same. It promises to be a wonderful and fun creative experience for all – whether you are painting the project or not. 



While I was busy getting surfaces ready and designing the dowel tree that will be used to display and present the ornaments, Lynne was busy painting and writing instructions. Both of us are like two peas in a pod. We are both happiest when we have lots of creative things going on at once. To say that we are in that situation now is an understatement. 



Last evening, Lynne called and said she 'finished’ with the ornaments. She sent me a picture of the full set with the larger plaque. This was the first time I saw everything together, too. While I knew without seeing anything that they would be good, I was still floored when I saw them. They were better than I could have ever imagined! 



Here is a photo of the finished group: 



They are pretty darn cool!  Lynne thought it would be a good time to 'reveal’ the set on our group page  - Inspirational Ark Series by Lynne Andrews and on our other Facebook painting pages. The response was amazing! It seems that others are just as excited as we are with this wonderful project! Our group membership skyrocketed and everyone can’t wait to begin. 



If you want to join our group, you can click on the link to the page. We have this group as “closed” to keep out spammers, so we have to approve your membership. You don’t have to be painting the pieces to join and it costs nothing. We are happy to have anyone there who wants to even just watch and encourage the members. 



Lynne will be posting some great, short videos which will show techniques. We all will be there to share tips and answer questions and it is modeled after a face-to-face painting groups. The sole purpose of the group is to share creativity and joy. If it is anything like our “12 Days” group, it will be a wonderful success. I see that many of the same members joined so I expect only good things. :) 



Lynne will be selling the patterns for the series on her website at http://www.lynneandrews.com. She is getting them posted there this weekend. 



I am selling the Ark ornament and plaque pieces on my own site on the “Surfaces” page: http://www.sheilalandrydesigns.com/painting-surfaces . I have lots of orders already and I will be doing my best to get them out as quickly as possible. I tried to have a stockpile of some extras, but they went out the door immediately. It is a good problem to have, though, and I am sure everyone understands if there is a slight delay in getting their orders. 



I really hope you all decide to join us. 



We are also doing a site update tomorrow. For those of you who are interested in our scrolling patterns, Keith’s wonderful offer on this Self-Framing Leaf Bordered set will expire tonight. I want to be sure you know so if you are considering it, now is the time to move. 



It is a great deal and the plaques are just beautiful! Every one of them is filled with detail! 



So that is it for today. I have to get to my cutting and work. You can look for an update tomorrow as we are sending out a newsletter. 



Thank you all so much for your support of our little business. All I can say is just “Wow!" 



I wish you all a wonderful day and a beautiful weekend. Happy Friday to you all! 






via Tumblr https://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/157944152314

No comments:

Post a Comment