Monday, December 5, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1807: Life's Little Curve Balls . . .

Every once in a while, life throws us a little curve ball. These little surprises often come when we least expect them (thus – the term “surprise”) and knock us for a loop. They never seem to occur during the lulls in our life, but when we seem to be the busiest. Sometimes that is just the way it goes …



Last week, I had to take my dear kitty Pancakes to the vet. He was having some issues and in general not feeling his best. I could tell because I just “knew” that he wasn’t his usual self. While the changes were subtle, they were definitely present. 



I wondered if I was over-reacting when I took him to the vet. After all – he was eating well and looked OK, but I felt there was something out of whack. I am really glad that I did bring him in, although I don’t know if I was prepared for what we found out. 



It seems the little guy is going through some sort of trauma. His spleen is very large and he needs to have surgery on it. They will possibly remove it. After a battery of blood tests and x-rays on Thursday, they found no abnormalities and everything else seems to be in order. It is perplexing for both the doctors and us. 



So on Thursday he will go for ‘exploratory surgery’. I know that sounds excessive for 'just a cat’, but those of you who know me know this is a family member. I am not even considering not trying to get to the bottom of things. Pancakes is only ten and has many, many good years left if we can solve this mystery. The fact that he appears to be cancer-free from the x-ray and everything else is “normal” from the blood work shows that he has a lot in his favor. Now if we can only figure out why his spleen is so large. 



I will be worried until Thursday and probably a mess on that day. But I will also remain hopeful that all will end well. The doctors I have are excellent and really do care about their patients. Their office just called this morning to check on him and see how he was doing. So until the day, we will just try to keep working and moving ahead. 



I wanted to show a couple of new designs that Keith has on the site. The first is his SLDK695 - Philippians 4:13 Bible Plaque pattern:



Like all his other bible plaques, it is beautiful and elegant. This pattern even has two different layouts that you can choose to make.



He also created this SLDK696 - Do All Things Through Christ pattern:



It is another nice all-season plaque that would look great just about anywhere. 



Next, he created this SLDKBPSet 2 - Set of 4 God, Lord, Christ and Savior Bible Passage patterns:



I believe he had all of these plaque patterns available individually, but now they are available in a set. They would look lovely as a vignette displayed all together. 

Finally, Keith created a plaque with two different, yet similar sayings that are based on Matthew 19:26 – With God – all things are possible:





The item number for that pattern is SLDK697 - With God All Things Are Possible. I think it is another all-around beautiful project. 



As for me, I spent the weekend working on the video for my SLDP254 Winter Bunny Snowflake Ornament project for ToleTown





As you remember, this was the piece that I wrote about in my blog entitled “Bunny Blunder”. I was happy that I was able to pull it out of the fire and make it look decent. I worked on the fur and it turned out pretty nice:



Kind of in between realism and a cartoon. I practiced it again and painted it for the progression photos for the pattern packet on Saturday and then again for the video on Sunday. In the end, I am happy with it and I have a two-part, hour and a half video lesson to go with the pattern.  The video is uploading to ToleTown as I write this. 



It was fun to do the video in my new home here. I am learning to do videos quicker and more efficiently. It made me think that I should be doing more in the near future and I hope to do so. 



I really have lots of great things planned and I know that now I am getting settled, I should be able to accomplish more. I thank you all for your continued support. Creative people are the BEST!



I wish you all a wonderful day today. Be sure to try to make some time to do what you love! Life is short! You never know when one of those curve balls will come your way!



Happy Monday to you all! 






via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/154079967819

No comments:

Post a Comment