Monday, November 14, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1800: Some New Woodworking Patterns

As I began to post this morning, I realized that this is my 1800th blog post. When I started blogging several years ago, I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that I would be capable of writing that many entries! Just thinking of 1800 titles alone just blows my mind. But it has really been nice sharing my creative process with you all and I hope to continue to do so as long as you all want to read about it. I still feel there are several more chapters to write, and I hope you are right here with me.



Lately, I have been going through what I will call a ‘lull’ as far as writing. I have had several things on my mind here and in addition to new designs, there have been some other things that I have been sorting out. Because of that, I feel that it is best to back off a bit with blogging and not forcing the issue. I certainly will enjoy sharing what I have with you as I get things done. I love the feedback and motivation that sharing with you offers me. I am sure that it will help me stay on track and keep me as productive as I like to be. I hope to keep things fun and interesting this way. 



I had a busy and productive weekend these past few days. I have been working on two new scroll sawing designs as well as some orders that I needed to cut. I really love having a designated shop to work out of and I feel that because of it, I am far more efficient and happy than I used to be. Having a place for everything makes a real difference, and being able to leave the room when cutting and just close the door behind me does as well. I still keep things neat, but this is certainly much better than at our old place. 



I am kind of in the middle of working on two separate projects. Everything is cut at this point and for the most part sanded. Today I will be doing the finish work and then the photography and writing of the patterns. Here is a quick peek at what I am working on:



You can obviously see that there are quite a few angels here. They are made of three layers of wood and I am pretty happy with how they are turning out so far.  I think they will make fun ornaments for not only Christmas but also for many other occasions. I hope everyone agrees. 



I am also working on another pattern that will be fun for both the holidays as well as all year long. I will give you all a peek at that tomorrow. 



Keith has spent the last week or two working on updating our catalogs. That is always a huge undertaking because we are constantly adding new designs and products. Both the Woodworking and Painting catalogs are fully updated now, and will be available soon. Please stay tuned for the announcement. 



I suppose that is all I have to show you all today. There should be more photos tomorrow. Keith is also working on some new patterns as well, so hopefully we should have a site update soon. I will certainly share with you when things are ready. 



Well – that should do it for today. I am off to do some finishing and writing instructions. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful week ahead. 



Happy Monday to you! 





via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/153171720584

No comments:

Post a Comment