Tuesday, November 1, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1796: Some New Projects

I am posting a little later than normal today. I am starting to wonder what ‘normal’ really is. I haven’t been doing anything in particular this morning that is interesting or fun, (like sleeping! ;) ) but I have been doing the usual organizing and checking and responding to emails and general straightening of the house here. Things we all do in the morning. 



Lately I feel as if my world is spinning a bit too quickly. More so than it usually does for me. I am not quite sure the cause of it and I am not quite sure that even really matters. It may be 'growing pains’ or 'moving pains’ or even just part of the creative cycle. As I read that so many of my other creative friends whom I admire and respect go through the same thing, I can’t help but think that it is part of the process. After all – who I am I to think that it doesn’t happen to me as well?



It isn’t as if I am out of ideas. In fact, it is more likely the opposite. Too many ideas and not enough time. If I allow it, it will stifle me just by the feeling of being overwhelmed. I don’t want that to happen. 



I have thought things through and I have come to the conclusion that the best way to continue and overcome this 'stage’ is to just do the best I can and be happy with that. No disappointment in myself or shame is allowed. For even though I have only been feeling this way a couple of months, I realized that those feelings only make things worse. I need to take the advice I have been handing out so freely these past several years and focus on the positive things and the things that I HAVE accomplished. That will certainly point me in the right direction. (I know – easier said than done sometimes!) 



With that said, we will move forward. I still have lots of wonderful things to share with you in the near future if you are a little patient with me. I feel that my creative journey has just began in so many wonderful areas and I invite you all to come along and see what both Keith and I have in store for you. I am sure it will be inspiring! 



Yesterday we updated our website and sent out a newsletter to our Mailing List subscribers. We have some new designs for you all to enjoy and I would also like to share them here… 



First up – Keith has a new Christmas Greetings word art sign pattern that I just love:



You can get the pattern for it here on the site  - SLDK692 - Christmas Greetings Sign. It is a fun project to cut and would make a lovely gift for anyone on your holiday list. 



He also added in a beautiful set of Dimensional 12 Days of Christmas ornaments (SLDK693):



The ornaments are a great project for someone who hasn’t cut a lot on the scroll saw, but also very pretty. The ornaments can be created either dimensional or flat, which makes them even more fun and versatile. 



For my contribution this time, I created a fun and simple “Merry Christmas Word Art” pattern (SL534):



It is a fun and easy scroll saw pattern to make the word art in a beautiful, natural finish, but it also comes with full painting instructions for those who like to paint. I also have the pre-cut wood piece available (SPDPK155) for those who don’t cut wood. The wood piece also comes with the full painting instructions using DecoArt acrylic paint. But you can use any paint you like and decorate the wood piece to your own taste. 



We also have our usual Sales and Specials available with some wonderful seasonal items on special.  We know it is a busy time for everyone and lots of you are getting ready for your craft shows and holidays. 



Besides getting the new items ready for the update, I have been working on a project for Toletown online painting community.  I am a member of the design team and I have the honor of having one of my projects featured for the month of November. I am working on this cool glass pumpkin that I am painting with a winter theme:



I love the blue chalky paint that I used for the base and I am in the process of adding winter roses on it:



I should finish up today and then I will get the packet ready and shoot a short video on some of the techniques that I used to create it. I hope everyone likes it. 



I am also running an 'event’ for my painters through Toletown. They have their annual Halloween hunt where you can visit various online businesses for lots of great 'treats’. You can get your map HERE and start collecting yours!  It is always a fun event and offers lots of cool savings for my painting friends. 



Well, that is it for me today. I am off to finish painting my pumpkin. Thanks again for all of you who visit my blog regularly and also those who comment. I appreciate knowing you are there very much. I know I have been slow going by my own standards, but I hope to be back to full speed soon. I am sure there are many great projects to come. I hope you join me on my journey. 



Happy Tuesday to you all!  












via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/152598078099

No comments:

Post a Comment