Thursday, August 18, 2016

My Journey As A Creative Designer - Woodworking and Beyond #1764: #1764 A Rose by a Different Name is Still a Rose

These past couple of days have really been busy. (That is a good thing, right?) I am very pleased at how well-received our new items have been, and as I have been filling orders, Keith has been working to reorganize the site and make it a little easier to navigate.



As our little business keeps growing, we are finding that it is dividing itself into two distinct avenues that attract different types of customers – Scroll sawing and Decorative Painting. While there is the occasional time when someone is like me and is interested in both, more so than not people come to the site to see one or the other.  With the growing number of designs we are offering, it is getting increasingly difficult to make things clear and streamlined for those coming to buy from us. As much as we would like to do so, we are unable to sell the finished, cut pieces of our scroll work designs. As any woodworker can tell you, the time involved in that is tremendous. But since I am selling simple cutouts for decorative painting, it sometimes is confusing to those who come visit.



(I want to mention here, that if someone is interested in having pre-cut items from our woodworking patterns, they can email me and I will refer them to someone who will do them. I know many qualified people that would love to help out.)

But for the most part, we sell patterns of woodworking and painting and also simple painting surfaces. That keeps us pretty busy. 



I was fortunate enough to obtain the domain name of  "tolepaintingdesigns.com“ a few years back, but I have not really utilized it until now. But since I have a growing number of painters who have joined our Mailing List and follow me, I thought it was a good time to implement it.  



So now, if you go to www.sheilalandrydesigns.com, you will land on our main Scroll Saw Patterns Home page. If you are interested in painting projects and go there, no worries, you can go up to the top bar under the main header, and click the ”Painting Patterns Home“ link to get you to the home painting page. It is very easy. 





Once you are at the Painting Patterns Home page, your category list on the left side bar is different:



From this page, you can get to ALL the important painting related pages without a fuss or filtering through the woodworking patterns.



Both Keith and I hope that this makes it easy for you.  



So in reality, nothing has really changed except you can now get to our site with TWO addresses and we (HOPEFULLY!) have streamlined your experience there. I suppose that is pretty big! 



I hope you try things out and please let us know what you think of it. We really do try to make things easy for you all, even though we offer a vast array of designs and now surfaces and embellishments for you to enjoy. 



Remember:   



www.sheilalandrydesigns.com – for WOODWORKING.



www.tolepaintingdesigns.com – for PAINTING and SURFACES



We think you will like that better. :) 



I was going to highlight the new things that are available on our site, but I hope you go over there and see for yourself. I have the Super Combo Kit (SLDPS251) for the Beehive project now for those who have been asking:





And we also have a new Scroll Saw Pattern set of our most popular ornaments available as a Special Bundle Offer







Keith has some other new projects as well, like his SLDK242 Self-Framing Leaf-Boardered Tree Frog:





as well as his SLDK410 - "Beautitides” Sectional Bible Passage plaque pattern:





We hope to have something for everyone. 



I will be busy cutting and packaging orders all day today, then tomorrow I hope to start with my new projects. I have something in mind for both the scroll saw and painting venues. I can’t wait to get at them. 



After a very rainy day yesterday, it is bright, sunny and cool this morning. We really needed the rain and you can see the grass is greener already. It was a gift for us. My heart goes out to those who have had too much rain and heat this summer. I wish them all the best. 





I wish you all a good day as well. The weekend is just around the corner! 

Thank you all again for your wonderful support! We hope that these little changes make things much easier and more fun for you to visit. 



Happy Thursday to you all! 






via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/149125827119

No comments:

Post a Comment