Monday, February 15, 2016

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1697: Some Assembly Required

I feel like I have been on the ‘slow train’ lately. I am not sure exactly why that is. It seems like I am doing something from the time I get up in the morning until the time I go to sleep. 



The days are passing much quicker than I would like them to. I look up at the clock and first it it mid-afternoon, then dinner time and then nearly midnight. How can time pass so quickly?  I don’t remember it being like that in the past. 



Perhaps it is that my head is thinking up new things much faster than my hands can make them. The list of my 'to do’ projects just keeps getting longer every day. Even I (who does not fancy math very much) know that if I add several things to my list each day and it takes one or more days to tick them off, I will fall behind. There is just so much that I want to accomplish! 



Then I add to things my obsession for organization. (Although looking around here this morning one would wonder what the heck I am talking about!) Since we live in a small place, keeping things in order is imperative to keeping ourselves functional and making the best use of our time. Some of you have mentioned that you feel I am very organized – which most of the time, I am – but that doesn’t just 'happen’. It is something that needs to be continually maintained and kept in check, or things can get out of hand very quickly. While those extra minutes of putting things back in their place don’t seem like a big deal, they can save you a lot of headaches in the end. There is nothing I detest more than wasting time trying to locate something I know I have. It is frustrating and throws me off track and I look at it as a true waste of time. I admit to you all that not once, but TWICE in the past month or so this happened to me. I couldn’t locate a particular supply that I had tucked away. The problem was that I didn’t put it in its rightful place because I was busy, in a hurry or just plain lazy. I paid the price for it by having to search through the many, many boxes of things I have here. I really was disappointed in myself. 



Every once in a while, I try to re-organize and re-shuffle things so that not only am I sure that everything is in its proper place, but it refreshes my old, feeble mind as to what I have. Re-visiting our 'stash’ every now and then is a good thing, as it helps us remember those forgotten ideas and refreshes us as to just what supplies we have. That helps me not to buy stuff that I already have. (Yes – I do that too! <sigh!>)  



With all that said, the weekend went by very, very quickly.  On Friday I we spent the day with Keith’s mom – as she had us over for a wonderful dinner. Since I hadn’t been out of the house all week, I truly enjoyed the outing. It was nice to see four different walls for a bit. I love going over there because like myself, Keith’s mom loves creating and she does beautiful counted cross stitch embroidery. You wouldn’t believe the masterpieces she has created!  Her house is full of lovely hand-stitched pictures.  She always brings her smaller pieces with when she comes to visit here and she never minds if I bring things to work on when I go there. We can sit and  talk for hours – all the while our hands busy creating. This Friday I brought my next set of “Day 3” ornaments from my Lynne Andrews 12 Days of Christmas. After all – March is only a few weeks away and I while my “Day 2” ornaments should all be arriving this week, I don’t want to get behind on “Day 3”. It will be interesting to see if I am able to stay on schedule all year long. I hope so!



On Saturday and yesterday I worked on my many different bunnies. The pattern set that I am creating is not a difficult one, but it has many pieces in it. Making all the versions of the pattern for the packet photos simply takes a bit of time, and I spent most of the weekend (when I wasn’t cooking or cleaning) painting the pieces for the final photos. I am nearly done, and later today or tomorrow I need to do the final assembly and write the instructions. They are coming along quite nicely. 



I love the pretty spring colors! It really makes me happy just looking at them. I can’t wait to assemble everything together and see how it looks! 



Today I will be cutting orders once again. While I tend to overstock things, I have been fortunate in that the orders keep on steadily coming in. It has really been a lift to my business and it has been nice to meet so many new people and friends as customers. It is all good. 



With that said, I want to get at it. I haven’t been on the computer as much lately because I have been so busy 'doing’. If I take a little longer to answer your emails or questions, I hope you understand why. I try to sit down at the end of the day and clear out my email box, but some days I am just too tired. I do get to it the next morning though. That is the best I can do. 



It is hazy and sunny here today in Nova Scotia. We had quite a bit of snow over the weekend and most of the businesses are closed today. Not because of the snow, but there is a civic holiday (I think!) and things like stores, the gym, the bank and I think the post office are closed. It is a good excuse to stay in and get some things done. Eventually, the slow train will get to the station! 



I hope you all have a wonderful day. Happy Monday to you all! 




via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/139356350269

No comments:

Post a Comment