Friday, January 22, 2016

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1684: You Don't Got a Thing if you Ain't Got That BLING!

You knew I was going to do it … It was just a matter of time. 



You knew that I wouldn’t be able to resist adding some BLING to my new SLD521 Damask Heart Ornaments and SLD522 Heart and Soul Candle Tray.



But how could I resist?  The rhinestones I get from Rhinestone Canada are so PRETTY and they are so EASY to apply.  And you can’t deny that they make them look better, can you??



So I got out my heat wand and rhinestones and went to work …



All I had to do was place the stone on the piece and touch the wand to the top of it for about 20 seconds:



And “BAM!”  (That expression is from my friend Mary!) 



Beautiful sparkle! I added coordinating rhinestones and ribbons to all the ornaments and I really think that it brought them up a notch. I matched the color of the DecoArt Metallic Lustre that I applied a couple of days ago (they stuck beautifully!) and just look at the result -



ROSE GOLD! 



Fuchsia!!



Purple!!!



The ornaments colored with the Metallic Lustre are just fabulous:



… but then so are the ash ones:



I honestly can’t say which ones I like better. I love them all! 



And while I was taking nice photos, I decided to re-shoot the SLD522 Heart and Soul candle tray that I showed the other day. 



Ok – now I am just showing off! But isn’t it beautiful??  



As you may have suspected, the Lindor chocolates that I used for ‘props’ earlier this week are long gone. They seem to have 'disappeared’ right after the photo session last time.  (I guess I have to get more!) 



I am very thrilled with how these patterns finished up. I actually spent most of the day yesterday cutting orders. I figure you are all tired of seeing the piles of ornaments and wood kits that I cut every day. As my little business grows, it seems that I am getting more and more surface orders. That is fine with me, as I am truly in my 'happy place’ cutting and listening to good music. I am grateful that people enjoy what we do! 



Keith has been working hard on our new catalogs. We decided to separate the PAINTING PATTERNS and SURFACES from the SCROLL SAW PATTERNS to minimize confusion and also to make smaller catalogs. We just keep adding stuff and they get bigger and bigger. This will make it a little easier to download for everyone as well. 



Keith also created a wonderful NEW set of ten Veteran’s plaques (SLDKVET)







Each plaque honors a different war.  They are available individually, or as sets of three. We hope you enjoy them! 



That will be all for today. We are preparing for a big snowstorm over the weekend. I don’t know how much will reach us, as our weather here is showing that we will get NOTHING. It seems highly unlikely that will be the case, as there are already large flakes falling. Go figure. 



But we are prepared for whatever the weekend brings. The wonderful thing about painting and drawing and doing needlework is you don’t need electricity. I shant be bored. :)  



I wish you all a wonderful weekend ahead! I hope you all stay safe and warm. Happy Friday to you!  






via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/137813306109

No comments:

Post a Comment