Monday, January 11, 2016

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1678: New Patterns/New Drawings

Sometimes it seems so difficult to find time to get everything done. Things have been good here and I am pleased that everyone has seemed to like the new things we are doing. That is wonderful and I appreciate it so much. But I spent most of the week cutting instead of drawing, which slowed me down a bit. But I do what I can … 



My partner Keith drew up some new designs over the weekend. Here are some of his new plaques for cutting… 



The first design is a set of four scripture sayings that is available as a set or individually:



You can find the set here on our site:  (SLDK642 Set of 4 Scripture Plaques)



The next was a request from a friend that he decided to also add to the site:





Since he made a ‘Sisters’ plaque, he decided that a 'Brothers’ plaque would also sell well. You can get that pattern here: SLDK643 - Brothers First Plaque.



As for me – I am always behind it seems. I did get drawing done for a set of ornaments and a candle tray, but I prefer to cut my designs to make sure that they are OK. I will be doing that today. Here is a quick shot of one of the ornaments for you to see:



I really love cutting these types of designs and I think the ornament set will be beautiful, as will the tray. 



I also drew up some simpler ornament shapes for the painters. I am painting the hearts in the next day or so and the pattern and a new stencil set will be available up on the site when we update later this week. 



… so I have been busy …



I apologize in advance that today’s post seems to be 'all business’.  I am anxious to get started on these things so I can have FINISHED projects to show you soon. Time, as usual, is not always my friend.



I hope you had a great weekend and I wish you all a wonderful week ahead.  I will post more tomorrow.  



Happy Monday to you! 



via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/137089118064

No comments:

Post a Comment