Thursday, December 3, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1663: "Elf Mode"

Even though I am creating something just about every day of my life, this time of year, brings me to a whole new level. As we enter the month of December, I can’t help but feel a little stressed as I know my time to mail packages to my loved ones and friends far away is limited. Every year I vow to be ahead of the game, but it seems that most years I just squeak by.  



I also love to participate in gift exchanges. I have so many talented online friends that create in a variety of mediums! I love receiving hand-made items from them. Each time I receive something from one of these friends, I am absolutely thrilled. But this year I must have missed my woodworking ornament exchange announcements, as I didn’t really see any to join. I do have a great group that I am part of on Facebook that consists of a small number of close friends who paint. Over the years we have become ‘sisters’ and even though we are scattered all over the globe, we have a sense of 'family’. 



My gift was supposed to be posted by Tuesday, but I had some deadlines to deal with the past couple of days and my shopping trip on Monday threw me for a loop. I tend to live deadline to deadline these days, which isn’t really a bad thing. But if I had any goals for the new year, I would try to train myself to finish things up BEFORE the deadline comes up, not a couple of days after it passes. Those who I work with are wonderfully understanding, but I really want to improve myself in this area. I never want someone to think that I am taking advantage of their good nature. 



I think that Keith and I are going to be doing a site update and sending out a newsletter by tomorrow. We have a few things to add to the site and even though we have both been very busy, we are going to try to do some nice things for you all. I won’t trouble you with showing  you things today, as most of them won’t be ready until tomorrow. :)



What I CAN show you is a picture of my beautiful grand daughter, Willow. She is over two years old now and I realized that I haven’t shown her in a while. 





Willow is a little over two years old right now. This will truly be a magical Christmas for her. My only regret in my life is that I can’t be in two places at once – here in Canada where I love it so much and back 'home’ in Chicago with my children and grand daughter. If I were able to do that, my life would be 'perfect’! 



As I enter “Elf Mode” for these next couple of weeks, I may see more secretive about things as you can imagine. I don’t want to advertise about the gifts I am giving until after they are received. I am sure you understand that. :)



It is foggy and rainy here today. I am pleased to say that I have no errands to do or places to go. That will allow me to accomplish a lot here and begin to  change my decorations from autumn to Christmas. It should be a good day. 



I hope you all have a good day as well. I wish you all a wonderful and happy day! The weekend is in site! 



Happy Thursday to you! 



via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/134460142284

No comments:

Post a Comment