Monday, December 28, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1671: Slowly Getting Back to It

I do admit that the past several days have been nice. I made it a point to gear back and I actually stuck with it as much as I could. It seemed odd at first, but it really made a difference in my attitude and level of stress.



I love posting my blog here every day. I think it not only helps others with questions and helps get word out as to what new things I am doing, but it is a big part in my own motivational process. I can’t tell you all how many nights I was ready to wrap things up and quit for the evening, only I wanted to have something finished to show in the blog the next morning. It is a good way to keep me on track and keep me from being distracted as so many of us who work from the home can be. I think it is a great tool.



But as with many things, there are times when a rest is needed and the routine needs to be changed up a bit. Even though I am a creature of habit, I felt that taking a couple of weeks off of writing in the morning was something that I needed to do so I could fully enjoy the holiday. I still don’t know if I am ready to start up with writing every day again, but I thought today would be a good time to check in. 



As I woke up today, we had our first real dusing of snow for the year. It has been much warmer than ‘normal’ in our area, and it didn’t really feel like Christmas in that respect at all. I know it made many people happy, but it made me a bit sad. It just didn’t seem 'right’. 



But I suppose I will get over it and move on. There is always next year  …



Our Christmas was quiet and nice. We spent Christmas Eve here at home with Keith’s mom. We had snacks during the afternoon and our traditional dinner of rappie pie for dinner. Here is a photo of Pancakes admiring our snacks. He discovered he really, really (really) likes shrimp:





On Christmas day we headed to my friend in Digby’s house and had a wonderful meal and visited a bit. It was a great day. 



With everything closed over the weekend (and still closed today for some things) it was a nice time to catch up on movies and work on some of the personal projects that I have wanted to do. While I am thinking ahead to my next designs, I wanted to at least have the weekend to make some things for myself. 



I am working on these lovely “Christmas Crows” by Lynne Andrews.  I have so many of her lovely patterns that I want to make, and I thought that these would be a nice start. They were very relaxing to do and I changed the colors so that they would be a bit more “Winter Crows” than  Christmas. 



Of course, I had my favorite helper (Pancakes) by my side. As I was dotting in the snow, he decided he wanted to smell the end of the stylus and wound up with a couple of white freckles on his nose:



He is so funny and always needs to be 'involved’. :) 



I finished up the ornaments before dinner and I was thrilled with how they turned out:



They will look lovely on my winter themed all season tree. 



You can purchase Lynne’s pattern for the Christmas Crows here:



Christmas Crows



I will be offering the mitten surfaces for those who are interest. Just email me if you would like them for now until I get them on the site. 



Today I will be back to drawing. I am working on some new scroll saw patterns and also some painting patterns. I have lots of ideas in mind and can’t wait to get back at it again. The time off did me well.



I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and holiday. As we close out the year, I feel good about what we accomplished. We are still growing as a company and with all the new ideas we are coming up with, we hope that trend continues throughout 2016. 



I look forward to the weeks ahead. As I start to draw again, I am once more getting excited about creating. I think the short break really did me good and I can’t wait to make new things. I am very grateful for you all. 



Have a wonderful Monday!   (I’ll be back soon!)  






via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/136112061239

No comments:

Post a Comment