Thursday, November 19, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1656: Site Update Time!

As I write today, I promise I will keep things short. (I know – I always say that!) I want to get going on writing our newsletter that we will be sending out later on today. I also want to get to writing on the instructions for the new ornament pattern that will be available to my scroll saw followers later on today. (SLD519 - Damask Locket Ornament Pattern) (The link will work as soon as I have the pattern available on the site.) I have had such a wonderful and positive response regarding the pattern that I know that many of you are anxious to purchase it. 



Yesterday I took some better ‘presentation photos’ of the project. I really think they came out nice.  I took some of my own photos and printed them on photo paper and fit them into my frames and I just love the result:



Pretty cool, aren’t they?



The photos are of my 'cat children’, my human children and grand children, and my dear friend Leldon’s son is on the bottom left. Wouldn’t these be AWESOME gifts to give at holiday time??  And the cutting isn’t really that hard, either. I think it is a really nice 'intermediate’ scroll sawing project. 



Here is a close up so you can see the size of them: 



Also, in the same pattern, I am giving the inside motif designs for those of you who don’t want photos inside:



My sample set was done in a beautiful curly maple wood. You can really see the lovely grain on it and it compliments the designs so nicely. 



Of course, I had to try some BLING on them! :) 



As you can see, just a few beautiful hot-fix rhinestones that I got from Rhinestone Canada really added a bit of elegance and polish to an already pretty ornament. Adding these stones took just a couple of minutes! 



So that is all I am going to show you today. I am really pleased with this pattern and I think that you will enjoy cutting and giving them as well. For those of you on our mailing list, please watch for your newsletter later on today. I have some nice new things for the painters that subscribe to us as well as our new scroll saw patterns. We are always trying to keep all of you happy and busy! 



It is another cloudy and cool autumn day outside. I suppose it goes with the season. I am snuggled up with my kitties and coffee this morning and just enjoying the quiet. I wish you all a beautiful day.



Happy Thursday to you all! 



via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/133528007369

No comments:

Post a Comment