Thursday, November 12, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1652: Busy as an Elf

Today’s post will be a bit short. While I am working hard on new designs, there still isn’t much that I can show you or even tease you with. I did get some wood cutting done yesterday and filled some orders, and I was planning and drawing my new designs in between. 



I feel as if I am skipping blogging a bit more than normal. Again, this isn’t because I am not making things, but more so just the opposite. Between email, posting orders, cutting, painting and drawing, the days are really going by quickly. Especially with the holiday season beginning. One of the great things about offering digital patterns is that there is no ‘wait time’ and they can be delivered within minutes, meaning that one can get to work quickly. Still – we are seeing an increase in print orders as well, and printing, addressing and packaging patterns still takes a bit of time. Not to mention taking them to the post office. We are 'favorites’ over there to be sure. :) 



So today what I am going to do is a little show and tell. We now have over 500 products on our website, and we realize that even though we try to categorize things as accurately and efficiently as we can, some of our best designs get 'lost’.  I once again am going to be adding some 'featured products’ into my blog here so you can see some of the nice patterns that you otherwise may have missed. I hope you all don’t mind that. It seems when we show them that people respond very positively to them. 



I’ll start with a design that I created. It is my SLD486 Merry Christmas Letter Blocks (with FULL alphabet)  Pattern:



I really LOVE this pattern, as it is simple and elegant. I included the entire alphabet in the pattern, so that you can scroll family names, names of your children, or any holiday saying you wish. These blocks would look great scattered on a sidboard, fireplace mantle or even wired to a wreath. I loved cutting the beautiful lettering, too. I made my set of maple and added just a few beautiful rhinestones for accent. 



Another cool pattern are these SLDK208- Holly Ornaments and Self-Framing Mini-Plaques that Keith created:



This is a fun and versatile set that can be used alone or in groups. Shown here is “Set 2”, which is currently on sale on our site. He also has another coordinating set which match these. They are pretty, not difficult to cut, and very versatile in their use. 



For my painting followers, I want to highlight my SLDP243 Layered Angel Ornaments Combo Pack



I love these pretty ornaments and I know my own set will be here on my tree this year. They are fun and easy to paint, and like all of my combo kits, it includes all the pre-sanded and ready to paint wood pieces, as well as the full color step-by-step pattern. I like to think that even new painters can have fun and be successful  painting using one of my patterns. I always included many step by step photos which make the instructions easy to follow. 



And finally for today, I want to highlight Keith’s SLDK300 - 12 Spirit of the Season Word Art Ornaments Pattern:



These are really cool word ornaments that can also be used as stand alone pieces (they would be GREAT enlarged!) or used in a festive holiday wreath. While cutting the ornaments may be a little challenging, the enlarged pieces would be quite a bit easier for the newer scrollers. There are really so many fun ways to use these pretty word art pieces! And getting 12 designs in one pattern is really a wonderful value. 



That will be my little tour for today. I hope you don’t mind me sharing some of our older work with you all. We are really proud of all of our designs and we feel bad that some of it gets buried on our site as we continue to add more things in. But I suppose it is a good problem to have. 



I hope you have a wonderful and productive day today. As soon as I catch up on the mail, I want to finish up some drawings. I hope to be cutting some new designs by later on today. I can’t wait to see my new pieces come to life on the saw! :) 



Happy Thursday to you all! 




via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/133069428679

No comments:

Post a Comment