Tuesday, October 27, 2015

My Journey As A Scroll Saw Pattern Designer #1642: If the Garbage Looks This Good . . . Think How Nice the Project Will Be

I am happy to say that I had a tremendously productive day yesterday. It was one of those days when everything just went like it was supposed to go. Perhaps it is in part because of my early start (I got up my ‘normal time’ for the first time in a couple of weeks – I have a slight cold) and I was able to get a jump start on my day and accomplish a great deal. I am hoping that many more days like that will follow. 



The main thing that I accomplished yesterday was cutting out my three projects. It was one of those rare times when Keith and I both had cutting to do, so we enlisted our DeWalt saw into service. We looked like quite the pair, I am sure, with Keith and I both wearing our headphones and listening to our favorite things while cutting. I love listening to upbeat music when working on the scroll saw. It is uplifting and makes things even more enjoyable. Before long, I knew I was in the “zone”. 



After my main cutting was done, I needed to do my final detail work. Keith had an appointment, so I switched to the Excalibur saw. While I still don’t mine the DeWalt for cutting some of the larger pieces, (it’s slight front to back motion of the blade helps much of the cutting go quickly) I still feel that the Excalibur is a better saw for the fine detail. It’s precision can’t be beat and makes cutting things out pure pleasure. 



I spent the next couple of hours nearly finishing up my three projects. I still have about half an hour to an hour to go today, but for the most part, I am done. It was getting late and my eyes were getting tired and I felt that there was no need to push things when I didn’t have to do so. (Especially the most delicate parts!) So I will probably finish things up today. 



As I was cleaning up the area around the saw, I found some interesting 'garbage’. It is rare that when I cut, the pieces come out in tact. Believe me – it is not a goal to have them do so. There are are other things to worry about when cutting that are far more important. But come out in tact they did, and I thought they looked pretty cool. 



(Ok – there is some blatant 'product placement’ there. I wanted to give credit where credit was due! I love my Excalibur saw!)



If the 'garbage’ looks this nice, I hope the project can look even better. You will have to wait until tomorrow to see though … (Yes – I am MEAN!) 



In the mean time, Keith added another beautiful pattern to our site yesterday. His SLDK620 - It Must Be Autumn Self-Framing plaque is just in time for you to celebrate this beautiful season:



… and there is more to come from this series as well … 



Today I will be working on finishing up my three new projects. I should have some nice photos of them by tomorrow. It is a beautiful day again today and while it is very cool out, it is sunny and pretty. 



I hope you all have a great day. Happy Tuesday to you all! 




via Tumblr http://davidpires578.tumblr.com/post/132012944299

No comments:

Post a Comment